Prepare a fruit-flavored French toast breakfast for your household with this Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer. You can take a unique twist on the traditional French toast by adding your favorite mixed berries on top. Making this breakfast meal is simple and does not require a lot of time or effort. The best part about this recipe is that you can freeze the finished pieces of French toast to save and serve for breakfast throughout the week. Your kids will love the taste of this sweet and comforting breakfast just as much as you will.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
The Ingredients to Get When Making the Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer
You will need a few specific ingredients to prepare the Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer, including:
- Eggs. You will need several eggs to prepare this breakfast treat because you need to dip your bread in the eggs to prepare the French toast. You can also have eggs on the side!
- French Bread. Cut your French bread into cubes. The French bread has a great texture, making it perfect to use for this dish.
- Vanilla Extract. Add some vanilla extract to the mix to give your French toast a sweeter taste.
- Frozen Mixed Berries. Grab a bag of frozen mixed berries that you will add to your French toast. You can choose any brand you like.
- Cinnamon. Add cinnamon for the perfect touch. It goes great with the fruit and the French bread.
Besides these ingredients, you also need sugar, salt, and milk to complete the recipe. If you want to add an additional topping to the French toast, you need brown sugar and cold butter.
How to Freeze the Mixed Berry French Toast
To make the French toast ahead of time and save it for later, you would complete steps one through three, making the casserole. Then follow these steps:
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with the recipe name and date.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
You can leave them in the freezer for up to three months. When you are ready to make these, follow steps five through ten.
After baking the Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer, you have two options. You can serve it to loved ones right away or store it until it is time for breakfast, especially if you decide to prepare this meal at night when you have some extra time.
If you put the food in the freezer after you make it, cut it into sections, and then wrap the French toast in plastic wrap before putting it into a food storage container. Once you put it in the food storage container, seal it shut with a lid and freeze for up to four months.
What to Add to the Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer
Add your favorite toppings to the Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer. After putting your mixed berries on top, you may want to sprinkle some of your favorite syrup on top of the French toast.
If you do not want to add syrup, you can add a dollop of whipped cream to your French toast to make it even more flavorful. Sliced bananas will taste great on top of the French toast with the mixed berries. However, this recipe tastes great just the way that it is, so you do not need to add anything if you do not want to.
Here are more ways to make French toast!
- Pecan Overnight French Toast
- Apple French Toast Casserole
- Apple Challah French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- French Toast Freezer Meal
Check out all our breakfast recipes!
Need more Large Family Breakfast Ideas?
Breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated to be filling and healthy. I know it may seem easier to buy pre-made breakfast items, but you can save lots of time and money just by making breakfast ahead of time with my Breakfast Freezer Meals Pack, it’s number 10 in my Large Family Freezer Meals Series. It includes 10 amazing breakfast recipes with directions to help you make 25 breakfast meals to put in your freezer!
Large Family Mixed Berry French ToastPrint
Make a sweet and comforting breakfast with this Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast for the Freezer recipe. Serve it fresh or freeze it and reheat it for the family to enjoy the fresh fruit flavor.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (1 pound) loaves French bread, cubed
- 2 (12 ounces) packages frozen mixed berries
For the topping (optional):
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
Prepare two 9×13 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the cubed bread between the two dishes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients until well blended. Divide the mixture evenly between the two casseroles dishes and pour over the bread.
Drop berries over the top.
Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight or freeze up to 3 months.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
While the oven preheats, remove the french toast casseroles from the refrigerator and allow them to rest on the counter.
Bake the casseroles, covered for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
If topping, combine the butter with the brown sugar using a fork.
Remove the casseroles from the oven and top with the brown sugar mixture. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Serve with syrup or whipped topping.
Keywords: Large Family Mixed Berry French Toast
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, a list of pantry staple items, and more.