If you enjoy chicken and would like to try a new way to prepare it, this Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken recipe is perfect for you. It is an easy dish to prepare in the slow cooker that is also freezer-friendly and will leave you craving more of it.
Not only will you enjoy it, but so will your children, including the picky eaters in the household. The dish contains several tasty and nutritious ingredients, including chicken breast, ground ginger, and freshly chopped peanuts. If you had ever tasted peanut chicken before and enjoyed it, you will love this variation of it even more. Check out our make-ahead Chicken recipes!
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Ingredients Needed to Make the Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
When you feel like making the Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken at home, make sure you have these ingredients to use:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast. Chopping the chicken into pieces is easier when using boneless chicken breast without the skin attached. You can also make a whole chicken in the Instant Pot!
- Coconut Milk. The coconut milk adds extra flavor and leaves the chicken as moist and delicious as you would expect.
- Soy Sauce. Using soy sauce is a great way to add a slightly tangy taste to the dish. You can also use liquid aminos instead of soy sauce if you are familiar with Trim Healthy Mama or use THM recipes, you will know what that is.
- Ground Ginger. The ground ginger has a strong taste to it, but it blends perfectly with other ingredients in this dish.
- Chopped Peanuts. Perhaps one of the most essential ingredients, you should grab your favorite brand of peanuts and chop them down into smaller pieces.
Other ingredients needed to make this meal include peanut butter, honey, garlic powder, lime juice, and sliced green onions. This is not the dish to make for anyone with a peanut allergy because the meal contains both peanuts and peanut butter. It is dairy-free if you or someone in your family is on a dairy-free diet.
How to Freeze and Store the Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
To freeze the Peanut Chicken, just place all the ingredients into a zipper freezer-safe bag or container and remove all the air. You can freeze it for up to three months and thaw it in the fridge the night before you want to cook it. Then follow steps three through five below.
Once you make your Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken, you can serve it fresh and hot or put it in a food storage container to eat later. (Check out all the food storage supplies that I use.)The chicken will stay fresh in the fridge for about three to four days. You can add it back to the slow cooker to reheat it or even microwave it to get it hot before you serve it.
Large Family Slow Cooker Dinners and Meal Plans Vol 1, 2, 3 Bundle
This brand new bundle includes:
- *60 Large Family Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes (Chicken, Beef, & Pork),
- *Helpful Slow Cooker Tips and Tricks Guide,
- *12 Week Dinner Meal Plan (5 nights of meals each week with 2 nights “off” for leftovers, dinner out, etc)
- *12 Planned Out Weekly, 6 Bi-Weekly, and 3 Once-A-Month Grocery Shopping Lists,
- + extra printable planning pages!
What to Eat With the Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
The Large Family Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken tastes excellent when served with rice. You can serve it over a bed of white rice, fried rice, brown rice in the instant pot, or even cauliflower rice.
Besides rice, you may want to eat this chicken with your favorite noodles., or you might want to add a side like our Low Carb Cauliflower Au Gratin with Bacon, Cranberry Apple Side Salad, Garlicky Greenbeans and Tomatoes, or a dessert, like our best ever Instant Pot cheesecake.
Here are more slow cooker recipes your family will enjoy! (Some are even Dairy-free)
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Taco Casserole
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Ratatouille in the Slow Cooker – Dairy-Free, Freezer Meal
- Slow Cooker Cajun Style Pot Roast– Dairy-Free, Freezer meal
- Slow Cooker Hoppin John– Dairy Free
Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut ChickenPrint
Prepare a special and easy meal with this Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken recipe. The chicken is juicy and flavorful, leaving you and your loved ones wanting more of it!
- 1 family pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Chopped peanuts
- Sliced green onions
- To a large slow cooker, add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Stir until well blended.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Before serving, add the lime juice.
- Serve over rice or noodles garnished with chopped peanuts or sliced green onions.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
This recipe is a great addition to a large freezer cooking day! It’s super easy to make multiple bags and fill your freezer all at once with delicious meals like our Cheesy Cauliflower Soup, Broccoli Beef Meal, Garlic and Lemon Slow cooker Meal and so many more!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.