If you have ever made Philly cheesesteak, you know just how good it tastes. Now you can replicate that taste with this delicious Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner recipe.
There is nothing quite like the taste of a Philly cheesesteak or my low carb Philly cheesesteak. The thinly sliced steak tastes great when seasoned and combined with cheese. It is a great meal to make and serve to your large family. If you want a meal that will quickly become a family favorite, this is one to try. Not only can you make it with a few ingredients, but it is also a quick recipe to prepare. When you are pressed for time and want a home-cooked meal, this is the perfect recipe to follow.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner
When making the Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner, you need to have these ingredients:
- Sliced Beef Steak. Make sure to choose a stir fry-style when choosing the steak to use for this meal. Check out my other large family beef meals!
- Garlic Powder. Season your steak with garlic powder to give it a naturally great taste.
- Crushed Pepper Flakes. Add a hint of spice with the crushed pepper flakes.
- Onions. Cut your onions in half and then slice them into smaller pieces to eat with your steak and cheese.
- Green Bell Peppers. Remove the seeds and cut the green peppers into thin slices.
- Red Bell Pepper. Do the same thing to your red bell peppers as you will do with the green peppers.
- Provolone Cheese. Add the perfect touch with provolone cheese slices.
- Mozzarella Cheese. Make the dish even cheesier by using mozzarella cheese slices to go with it.
You will also need a handful of other ingredients, such as black pepper, salt, paprika, onion powder, coriander, dried dill weed, sliced baby Bella mushrooms, and olive oil. If you do not like mushrooms, you do not need to add them to this dish. Be sure to add this recipe to your large family menu!
How to Serve the Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner
If you want to prepare this meal as a low-carb dinner for the family, serve it in a bowl and eat it with a fork. However, if you are not worried about carbs, consider serving the steak and cheese on a hoagie roll or my homemade white bread or Honey Wheat Bread. The Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner goes great by itself, but if you eat it on a homemade dinner roll or French Bread, you might want to add ketchup and mayo to it. You can turn it into a hoagie sandwich by adding shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes to the roll or bun as well.
What to Serve with your Large Family Sheet Pan Dinner
Now that you have a tasty main dish, I like to add some quick sides or an easy dessert to really stretch the meal for a large family. For this meal try starting with a soup like my Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Soup or my Low Carb Bacon Chicken Stew. Then add some pumpkin banana bread or Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. If you prefer to add some veggies, then try my Low Carb Cauliflower Augratin with Bacon or Corn on the Cob in the instant pot. For dessert, try my Peanut Butter Cheesecake, delicious peppermint mocha donuts, or my Banana Cranberry Coffee Cake.
Here are more sheet pan dinners for your large family!
- Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- Italian Bone-in Chicken Thighs and Roasted Red Potatoes
- Sesame Ginger Chicken with Roasted Brussel Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
- Turkey Meatloaves with Sweet Potatoes & Carrots Sheet Pan Dinner
- Garlic Butter Salmon with Roasted Red Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak and Cheese DinnerPrint
If you have ever tasted an authentic Philly cheesesteak, you know just how good it tastes. Now you can replicate that taste with this delicious Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner recipe.
- 3 pounds sliced (stir fry style) beef steak
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, halved and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 24 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
Position the top oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler and set the oven to broil.
Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil and spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the dry seasonings. Divide the seasonings approximately in half.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat with half of the seasoning. Toss well to evenly coat the meat with the seasoning. Spread the meat over one of the sheet pans. Place under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing halfway. Remove from the oven but keep warm.
In a different bowl, combine the vegetables. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning. Toss together until evenly coated. Spread the vegetables evenly over the remaining sheet pan.
Place the vegetables under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the vegetables to the sheet pan with the steak. Top the vegetables with the sliced cheeses. Return the sheet pan to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Serve the philly cheesesteak alone as a low carb meal or with hoagie rolls for sandwiches.
Keywords: Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner